|Share / Tweet / Pin Me!|
Traveling Italian Expression
|Meaning||Have a good trip!|
|Pronunciation||[bwon vyah zho]|
|IPA||[bwon ‘vja ʤo]|
Usage notes: The expression buon viaggio can be used to say good-bye to someone leaving on a trip and to express your hopes that they have a good time.
|Buon viaggio, Nico! Ci vediamo tra due settimane!||Have a good trip, Nico! We’ll see you in two weeks!|
|Ciao Luca e Gianni, buon viaggio!||Bye Luca and Gianni, have a good trip!|
- buone feste – have a good vacation; happy holidays
- buone vacanze – have a good vacation
- buon anno – happy new year
- buon appetito – enjoy your meal
- buon fine settimana – have a good weekend
- buona giornata – have a good day
- buon natale – merry Christmas
- buona serata – have a nice evening
Buon viaggio in cultural works
In 2015, Italian singer Cesare Cremonini released an upbeat song entitled Buon viaggio (Share the Love) using travel as a metaphor for letting go, living, and loving.
In 2017, author Beatrice Masini and illustrator Gianni De Conno published a children’s book entitled Il Buon Viaggio about the personal growth and enrichment that travel brings.
Share / Tweet / Pin Me!